Use coupon code FALL10 to save 10% off the Fall Collection!
May 05, 2015
Because my brain is feeling scattered and disorganized, here are some randoms going on in my life right now…
1. “So, how are you doing?” It’s a question I get asked probably every day and, honestly, most times I do not know what to say. My canned answer is “Overall, we are doing really well!”. Truthfully, it has been hard. Nothing about adoption is easy. Sawyer has been adjusting and bonding better than I ever hoped or expected, but it has still been a challenge. A friend passed this blog post along to me last week, and it puts into words exactly how I am feeling. Lots of mixed emotions. But I am confident and very hopeful that we will all adjust as time goes on.
2. Because Sawyer loves to be outside, I have been spending so much time working on my patio and freshening up outdoor tables and chairs with paint and newly covered cushions. I planted a teensy tiny garden a few weeks ago. It’s been like a little bit of therapy for all of us to be outside. And, hello Spring. It is gorgeous here right now.
3. I’ve been working on some acrylic paintings on canvas lately. Nothing fancy, but I’m loving the practice and challenge of doing something new.
4. Autobiographies are probably my favorite kind of books to read and I just finished this one by Julie Andrews. People are so fascinating, aren’t they? I love reading behind-the-scenes stories that people have.
I also just read “Unbroken” while we were in China, and it was fantastic. A movie just came out based on the book, which I haven’t seen yet. It’s on my list though. Have you seen it?
5. Our bathroom has looked like a sad construction zone for months, and now we (husband) finally has the time to finish it. YAY. Here it is in its current state.
Isn’t it lovely? (or not) I will share “afters” when it’s finished. I’m thinking pale gray walls, pretty new fixtures and some fun artwork. I love having a project like this to work on.
August 21, 2020
July 08, 2020
April 15, 2020