September 16, 2010
Remember that old cabinet that I was telling you about on Friday? Well, it is finished and I am in *love*!
Really, I just adore how it turned out.
But first, I’ll let you see what it looked like when I first got it.
But I don’t know if you are ready.
Are you sure?
Because it’s pretty bad. I’m talking really, really bad.
Ok, since you insist. Take a gander…
But I saw potential in the poor, beat-up thing.
After some major cleaning and several coats of paint, here is what it looks like today…
I was inspired to paint the “Fresh Flowers” lettering from a sign that Miss Mustard Seed painted.
One of my favorite parts of it is this decorative key hole. The fresh coat of white paint really lets all the little details shine.
1. Cleaned it really well.
2. Painted it with BIN primer.
3. Gave it 2 coats of semi-gloss paint (I just used leftover trim paint that I had on hand).
4. Mixed dark brown acrylic craft paint with some water (just need a little bit) and applied it to the cracks and edges, then wiped it off to give it a glazed look.
5. Printed the lettering out on paper, then transfered it onto the door using carbon paper.
6. Painted the lettering using a tiny brush and dark red craft paint.
If you have any questions about the techniques I used, just let me know!
If you are local and are interested in purchasing it, you can visit my Etsy shop. In the meantime, I am loving it in my kitchen!
I participated in a wedding photo shoot at a local orchard, and it turned out so beautifully! I thought I'd share som...
We are delighted to offer custom creations for your home, including family name signs, scriptures of significance, or...
I love seeing photos of our signs in your homes! I am always so honored that our signs can be a part of your families...
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …