October 21, 2009
You know how I love a good makeover (I am officially addicted) and I just worked on yet another one – this time it was a child’s bench that has toy storage underneath.
I picked up it up at Goodwill for $6.97 and thought it was just too cute to pass up! Although it took several buckets of water to clean it – it was utterly filthy! I think it must have been setting in someone’s barn for a while!
And here’s what it looks like now…
After I cleaned it, I brushed on B-I-N Primer (that stuff is the best at covering up all sorts of grossness!), then I spray painted it with about 3-4 coats of a white satin paint.
I drew on the branch/bird design, then painted it with an acrylic craft paint. I traced on the lettering and painted that with craft paint too.
It will go in Jack’s new room that we are working on in our “free time” – whatever that is!! Progress has been slower than I would like (MUCH slower!), but we are getting there. Here’s what it looks like today…
Insulation has all been installed, so now the next step is drywalling. I am dying to get my grubby little decorating hands on it once it is complete!! Yay!
September 16, 2019
September 09, 2019
September 03, 2019