July 31, 2019
Violet has wanted a new desk in her room for a while now, since her old one didn't have any drawers and wasn't very functional. I was shopping at Habitat for Humanity's Restore last week and found one that was the perfect size for the little nook in her room!
The desk was solid wood but pretty worn out. Here's what it looked like when I bought it...
And here's what it looks like now...
Here's what I did:
1. I painted the whole desk with one coat of B-I-N primer. This is my favorite primer to cover wood, but it is very thin and can splatter easily. It covers stained wood incredibly well with no sanding required. You can buy it here.
2. I gave the desk (except the top) two coats of white spraypaint. This is my favorite kind to use.
3. I painted the top in two coats of Waverly chalk paint in Moss. It's available at Walmart.
4. I changed out the hardware and used these label pulls.
5. I distressed the edges of the wood with a sandpaper block that you can find here.
The desk is so sweet! And also super functional, which is a double win in my book. I'm sure it will get used hard and have marks all over it soon and will never look this clean again, because Violet is such a creative girl and is constantly making things. But I'm so happy she has a space to create in!
January 03, 2020
December 13, 2019
December 05, 2019