What I Wore Wednesday-Thrift Store Edition
People often comment that the Goodwill stores in their towns don’t have fashionable clothing like mine. Well, I talk to people all the time who have gone to the same Goodwill where I shop and they tell me the same thing! They can’t ever find anything!
So, here are some things that I’ve learned along the way about Goodwill shopping:
1. Don’t have any expectations of finding a certain item. Keep an open mind!
2. Go on a regular basis. I shop about 3-4 times a month and almost always find something.
3. Don’t look at sizes. The clothes I’ve gotten from Goodwill range from a size 0 to size 8. Normally, I don’t fit anywhere close to a 0, but I recently bought an A-line skirt that was a size 0 and for some reason it fits. So, if it looks like it might work, TRY IT ON! You never know.
4. I don’t look through every single item on the rack. I glance to find colors I like, sleeves that look interesting, and to see the condition of the fabric. I always look at the return rack (where people put their clothes that they just tried on but didn’t want) and I’ve often found things I like.
5. Only buy clothes that you love and that fit correctly. You’ll just waste money if you buy something you’ll never wear.
6. Don’t give up! You may be surprised what you find if you keep trying!
Ok, so here is my “What I Wore” post, linking up to the Pleated Poppy…
This look is from a few weeks ago but I never posted it:
Cream cardi: Goodwill (Ann Taylor Loft)
Flower pin on waist: made by me (here is the link to the tutorial)
Skirt: Goodwill (Gap)
Yellow dress: Walmart
Sandals: yard sale
Gray dress: Goodwill (Gap)
Shoes: Goodwill (Sofft)
The gray Gap dress was my Goodwill find-of-the-month! Yay! It was missing a belt, so I found this silver belt from Goodwill that works to go with it.
White top: Goodwill (Old Navy)
Flower attached to belt: Amelia’s discount grocery
Happy Goodwill Shopping!