Last week I made this fun little pillow for Avery’s room. I’ve seen these silhouette pillows floating around blogland and decided to try to make one for my own.
I made a really basic pillow cover (I’m a newbie to this sewing thing, so it is really basic!).
To make the silhouette, I took a picture of Avery’s profile, loaded it up to my photo program, and blackened her face.
I printed out a copy of her profile, then traced it onto the pillow cover with carbon paper and used fabric paint to fill it in.
If I did it again, I probably wouldn’t use fabric paint, because it didn’t get very even. I might try using an iron-on transfer instead.
Anyway, it was a fun little project!