It Must Be Fall
Here’s the recipe I used…
PA Dutch Chicken Corn Noodle Soup
1 whole chicken
2 large carrots
2 medium onions
3 celery ribs
1 bunch fresh parsley or 1/8 cup dried parsley
12 ounces frozen corn
1/2 (6 ounce) package wide egg noodles
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Rinse chicken and place in large pot and cover with water.
2. Add salt.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Slice celery and carrots and chop the onions and parsley.
5. Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
6. Add celery, carrots, corn and onion.
7. Remove chicken meat from bone. Discard bones and skin and add meat to the pot.
8. Bring back to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Add egg noodles and chopped parsley.
10. Bring back to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Pour soup into canning jars and put lids on them.
12. Place jars in canner and fill with water to the top of the jars. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 hours. Let stand to cool.
I tripled the recipe and it made about a dozen quarts. You could also freeze the soup instead of canning it, if you prefer. It’s super time-consuming but so worth it!!
Here’s the link to the recipe I had posted last year. You MUST try it.