Oversized Framed Diary Page
I’m all about hanging personalized artwork in my house. I needed something for this corner of the family room, so I decided to take a page from my grandmother’s diary and enlarge it. I got it printed as an engineering print through Staples, and hung it in a frame from Ikea.
I didn’t get to know my grandmother before she died. She was my mom’s mother and lived in rural Ohio. It was interesting reading her diary and catching a glimpse of her life. She was Amish and most of her days were spent sewing, gardening, cooking and baking. I wish I could remember her.
This is such a simple way to personalize artwork. You could use a page from a book, or a graduation certificate, or any other important or special paper that you want to remember.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Scan your document and save on your computer.
2. Upload the image to Staples Copy & Print section of their website here and choose “Engineering Print”.
3. Select the size you want. They come in 18″ x 24″, 24″ x 36″, and 36″ x 48″ and they don’t cost more than $8.
4. You can have the print delivered or you can pick it up at a store for free.
5. Cut the image to size if needed and frame.