January 13, 2015
I’m all about hanging personalized artwork in my house. I needed something for this corner of the family room, so I decided to take a page from my grandmother’s diary and enlarge it. I got it printed as an engineering print through Staples, and hung it in a frame from Ikea.
I didn’t get to know my grandmother before she died. She was my mom’s mother and lived in rural Ohio. It was interesting reading her diary and catching a glimpse of her life. She was Amish and most of her days were spent sewing, gardening, cooking and baking. I wish I could remember her.
This is such a simple way to personalize artwork. You could use a page from a book, or a graduation certificate, or any other important or special paper that you want to remember.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Scan your document and save on your computer.
2. Upload the image to Staples Copy & Print section of their website here and choose “Engineering Print”.
3. Select the size you want. They come in 18″ x 24″, 24″ x 36″, and 36″ x 48″ and they don’t cost more than $8.
4. You can have the print delivered or you can pick it up at a store for free.
5. Cut the image to size if needed and frame.
We live on a small farm with a few acres, and right now we are bursting with flowers and fruit! We have a grove of pe...
I needed a summer wreath for our front door and love all the cotton wreaths that I've been seeing lately. But they ar...
The fruit harvest has begun on our little farm, and we are loving it! It's so much fun to watch everything come to li...
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …